What can I add to my project?
|In-place Web||Message Box|
- Formats include: wav, wma, mid, mp3
- Recommended: mp3 (will play in both BOP and BOB without a player window)
- Formats include: mov, wmv, m4v, mp4
- Recommended: mp4 (plays across platforms and across devices)
- Size: 320x240 or 640x480. Most any size is fine, however 320x240 is a good, small file size.
- Formats include: swf
- Recommended size: 320x240 or 640x480. Most any size is fine, however 320x240 is a good, small file size.
- Add a link to the video you wish to use, and any particulars (ie. frame colour, video size, etc...).
- Sizing does not matter (different window).
- Add the address of the page you wish to access.
- Quickly add YOUR test questions to a project, without being required to learn about sizing or formatting. Standard BOP tests include: multiple choice, true/false and short answer questions. Each test will consist of 10, randomly selected questions (testing questions can be as many as desired). Request a tutorial.
- These tests can be WebTracked (scored, plus results can be easily consolidated).
- Have quizzes right inside the page! Very quick and easy to do. See an example here.
- An authoring tool within BOP for linking to sites such as Wikipedia (default) or an online dictionary for automatic translation. If your project has 100's of links, this is a significant time-saver.
- Use the computer's Speak function, quickly and easily. Useful for a personalized message, a short instruction or a simple command. No requirement to make a separate sound file.
- Not available on BOB projects (ie. will not run through a browser).
- Bring the full power of the web into your book! Don't just link, but have an entire webpage inside your book. Amazing possibilities!! Use a whiteboard. Add a video chat. Live webcam of the place you are teaching.
- Resembles a pop-up window, without the problems (browsers usually prevent these!). Click a word and get an instant translation, definition or explanation. Endless possibilities!
PDF File Specifics
There are a few specifics to keep in mind with regards to the base PDF you provide us with. All pages must be the same size (just like a book). How you create your project is your choice, but it will need to be output to a standard, PDF file. This is our starting point. We convert that PDF into our own file format, and proceed from there. The cover of the book MUST be a part of the completed PDF you send us.
NOTE: Most current computers run at 1280 pixels or higher horizontal resolution and can run products at any of the above page sizes. However, many netbooks are limited to 1024 horizontal pixels, so they cannot run letter, legal, or A4 projects in landscape mode. For maximum compatibility with netbook computers, avoid use of letter, legal, and A4 pages in landscape mode.